Sometimes the past changes. For the Friends of Hathorn House research team, a chance remark led to discovery of a lost chapter in Warwick’s history — the Continental Army’s supply depot here.
In 1780-81, the Army kept a large and active post near the Village of Warwick, NY which stored and shipped supplies to the troops. The depot was not without controversy, however. The citizens of Warwick proved to be challenging partners. [Read more…] about The Continental Commissary at Warwick, Orange County