The William G. Pomeroy Foundation is now accepting applications for $1,000 need-based scholarships to attend the Museum Association of New York’s 2020 annual conference in March.
These grants are available to 501(c)(3) historical societies or cultural museums in New York State with annual budgets of $100,000 or less. Eligible organizations cannot have attended MANY in the past two years.
Each organization may only receive one Professional Development Grant per year. The $1,000 grants are to be used for the following:
- Membership in Museum Association of New York (MANY) if not already a member.
- Registration and travel related expenses to attend the 2020 MANY conference if haven’t attended in the past two years.
- Membership to join New York Council of Nonprofits (NYCON) if not already a member.
- Any remaining funds can be used toward one other professional development opportunity of your choice.
- Grantees must provide a final report about their professional development experiences by the end of the calendar year, 2020.
To apply, visit the Pomeroy Foundation’s website. The application deadline is Saturday, February 15, 2020.
The William G. Pomeroy Foundation is a private, grant-making foundation established in 2005. The Foundation is committed to supporting the celebration and preservation of community history; and to raising awareness, supporting research and improving the quality of care for patients and their families who are facing a blood cancer diagnosis. Since 2006, the Foundation has funded nearly 1,000 historic roadside markers and plaques nationwide. Grants cover the cost of a marker, pole and shipping.