Traditional Arts in Upstate New York (TAUNY) is currently seeking proposals for redesigning the TAUNY website, tauny.org.
TAUNY expects to select a vendor in late fall 2019, pending receipt of funding. Planning should start in winter 2020, with a goal of launching the new site by the end of fall 2020. TAUNY and the vendor will establish milestones to meet over the life of the project.
TAUNY expects proposals to have information about applying teams and companies, a description of the key tools and plugins they plan to use, estimated licensing expenses, as well as the project plan and cost breakdown.
The new TAUNY website should:
- Be user-friendly for both visitors and the staff members that update the site.
- Intuitive and easy for visitors to navigate.
- Streamline updating process for TAUNY staff
- Encourage more engagement and expand TAUNY’s audience and attendance.
- Allow easy access to practical TAUNY Center information on location, hours of operation, and
- Promote the TAUNY space, the activities therein, current exhibits, and the programs TAUNY
- Accurately represent the TAUNY organization and what we do
- Make every aspect of what we do available and understood by visitors to the site–programs,
exhibits, research, community space, supporting local artists, sharing local folklife and living
traditions, the Folkstore, etc.
- Make it clear that we’re focused on current subjects, not a historical organization
- Act as a revenue generator through online Folkstore sales, donations, and program registration online
- Visually convey who we are and what we do in an aesthetically pleasing, contemporary way to an
audience of all ages across a wide range of devices.
More information can be found online. Proposals can be submitted to email@example.com through October 31, 2019.
TAUNY is a non-profit organization located in Downtown Canton, dedicated to helping people understand and appreciate the folk traditions and local culture of everyday life – present and past – in the North Country.