Applications are now open for Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor IMPACT! Grants. Organizers are looking for project idea that will make an impact in the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor.
Grants range from $2,500 to $12,000, totaling $60,000 this year, thanks to additional support from the NYS Canal Corporation.
Projects awarded must meet one or more of preservation and management goals:
- Creating a historic and distinctive sense of place;
- Enhancing recreational opportunities;
- Making the Corridor a “must-do” travel experience;
- Preserving canal heritage;
- Ensuring natural resource protection;
- Stimulating economic growth.
Deadline for applications: Friday, October 18, 2019 at 4 pm.
Applicants are strongly advised to contact program staff to discuss proposed projects prior to submitting an application. It is encouraged to call early in proposal development to produce a competitive application. Contact Andy Kitzmann at (518) 237-7000 x201, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Photo of boat exits lock 2 on the Erie Canal in Waterford provided by Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor.