The Association of Public Historians of New York State (APHNYS) has announced that the 2019 Annual State Conference will be held at the Desmond Hotel, 660 Albany Shaker Road, Albany, on September 9-11, 2019.
The conference planning committee is currently seeking proposals for conference presentations. Proposals can be submitted for papers, panels and interactive programs.
This conference will draw approximately 125 attendees from across the New York State. The time allowed for presentations/panels will be 1 hour and 15 minutes (including questions and answers).
In 2019, APHNYS will be celebrating its 20th Anniversary as well as the 100th Anniversary of the New York State Historians’ Law.
APHNYS members are also interested in proposals that offer:
- Insights into the history of the counties of Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga, Schenectady, Warren, and Washington, their communities, businesses, and people
- History from throughout New York State including communities, businesses, and people
- Heritage Tourism from throughout New York State
- Transportation & Trades from throughout New York State
- Ideas and Techniques on celebrating any upcoming historical anniversaries throughout NYS such as 100th Anniversary of the
- American Legion being chartered by Congress (Sept. 16, 1919), 100th Anniversary of NYS Historians’ Law, 20th Anniversary of
- APHNYS, and any other anniversaries being celebrated in 2019.
- Skills and Techniques for Local Government Historians and Family History Researchers
- Preservation, maintenance, gravestone artwork, what not to do in copying gravestones, and other information about cemeteries
- Exhibit Design: travelling exhibits, less expensive exhibits, small space exhibits, etc.
- Other history topics related to New York State
To submit your proposal, complete this form and return to APHNYS by April 30, 2019.