A Historic Roadside Marker Dedication at the Cattaraugus Count Civil War Memorial Building has been set for Sunday, November 11, 2018, at 2 pm, at the Cattaraugus County Civil War Memorial Building at the corner of Seventh and Court Streets, Little Valley.
The dedication will include short remarks commemorating the building and the new historic marker followed by the unveiling of the sign. Members of the public are invited to attend. The event is being hosted by Citizens Advocating Memorial Preservation (CAMP).
The building was originally dedicated in 1914 as a memorial to those from the county who fought in the Civil War and was used as a museum and elections building until the early 2000s.
In 2017, CAMP took ownership of the building and the group is currently working on restoration and reuse plans for the complex. CAMP is a 100% volunteer-run, 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization.
For more information, click here.
The sign was funded by the William G. Pomeroy Foundation.
Photo of Cattaraugus County Civil War Memorial Building provided.