The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance (ACCA) again celebrates Museum Days throughout the Adirondack Coast from June 4-5, 2016, inviting visitors and residents to explore the area’s wealth of museums, galleries, and cultural organizations.
For these two days, participating locations will offer free admission, including demonstrations, exhibits, hands-on activities, and more. As the backdrop for many historical events and happenings, lakeside villages, charming hamlets and the historic city of Plattsburgh, the Adirondack Coast offers visitors the opportunity to relive some of the most pivotal moments in our country’s history.
17 Participating locations include:
· Alice T. Miner Museum
· Anderson Falls Heritage Society Museum – (518) 834-9219
· Champlain District Schoolhouse Number 9 – (518) 570-2052
· Dannemora Village Museum – (518) 492-7000, (518) 492-7569 (evenings)
· Rouses Point History Welcome Center – (518) 297-5502 Ext. 345
· The Strand Center & The Strand Center Theatre
The Adirondack Coast Cultural Alliance has once again created the Adirondack Coast Arts & History Passport. This passport will guide visitors to the sixteen museums and cultural sites located throughout the Adirondack Coast. Along the way, visitors are encouraged to collect as many stamps as they can by Thursday, December 1, 2016 for a chance to win prizes.
· 16-14 Stamps – Grand Prize: A Night on the Town: Arts & Cultural experiences are abundant on the Adirondack Coast. A night on the town showcases just that…with tickets to the Strand Center theater, dining at a downtown Plattsburgh eatery, and lodging accommodations in one of our renovated hotels.
· 13-11 Stamps – A Taste of Our Town: Chazy: Chazy is one of the many historical towns on the Adirondack Coast. Delight in a prize pack filled with goodies highlighting the attributes of this quaint town. The pack includes a gift basket from Chazy Orchards, gifts from Heart’s Delight Farm and Alice T. Miner Museum.
· 10 or less stamps – Adirondack Coast Basket: A Basket full of Adirondack Coast inspired goodies, including t-shirts, hats, and magnets.
The Adirondack Coast Arts & History Passport can be picked up at any location participating in Museum Days, as well as the North Country Chamber of Commerce. For more information on Museum Days click here.