The National Archives has announced that it is partnering with Pictopia in a new online Print Shop. Prints of more than 1,200 historical and contemporary photographs, World War I and II posters, drawings and sketches, maps, and ship plans are now available for purchase online. The images are reproduced on archival paper from digital files housed at the National Archives.
Customers can order a print, custom framed or unframed, in a variety of sizes, as well as gift items such as mugs, ornaments, and puzzles that feature the image of their choice. New images will continue to be added to the collection regularly.
Highlights of the introductory collection include:
* Portfolios of some of the nation’s finest photographers, including Ansel Adams, Mathew Brady, Lewis Hine, and Dorothea Lange
* Photographs of the American City—its development and its people and their way of life from the early 19th century to recent times
* Drawings of early sailing ships from the Charles Ware collection
* Architectural drawings of Cape Hatteras, Cape Canaveral, and Execution Rocks lighthouses among others
* Patent drawings for household products, design trademarks, and curious inventions
* Photographs and watercolor sketches of famous American monuments, including the Lincoln Memorial, the Washington Monument, and the Statue of Liberty
* Watercolor illustrations of 19th-century landscapes of the American West
* World War I and II posters from the records of the U.S. Food Administration and the Office of Government Reports
Photo: A U.S. Coast Guard drawing of the lighthouse on Montauk Point, Long Island.